Thursday, October 19, 2006

Progress update and parts still needed

Restoration of the car is still going well. I have nearly finished the restoration of the indicator housing and arm. I had it blasted and have now re-sprayed it, just need to rewire it over the next few days. I have also fitted the new brake mastercylinder and with that all mechanical work is now complete.



I still need a couple of parts for the car, these are the correct wheel rim embellishers, as in this photo of Johannes Krasenbrinks car. According to the parts book early ones have a type 2 part number (241601155A) and later ones a type 3 part number (341601155A) they look the same as on the type 1 Ghia like these fitted to Johannes car. Let me know if you have any - NOS preferred.

Also needed is one NOS early pointed style rear drivers side overrider (for LHD car), I have reasonable condition used ones but would like an NOS one.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA