Thursday, February 01, 2007

Flaps & Flashers




Not a great deal to report in January. Main piece of progress was buying a pair of the correct Hella indicator side repeaters. Scott Taylor kindly took delivery of them in the US and posted them on - thanks Scott.

I had 2 other sets, which i lost temporarily, but both were repros and not the right colour and would have looked wrong on the black bodywork.

My mate Charlie Harlock has acquired some white chevron mudflaps and was asking if they would fit T34s. I dug out the original factory option ones that came with my 65 and the new white VW ones that I have lined up for the 62.

The bottom dimensions of both of these and the ones Charlie has are all the same, as are the pieces that wrap around the wing. The main difference in my two pairs is the iron work. the original ones have a taller upper section and a cross bar fitting, the later ones have a shorter upper section and a side clamp - I have fitted both to my T34 and they both work as well as each other.

So if you want a pair of these click on charlie's link at the side of my blog (White Notchback) and send him a mail. You'll just have to make your own brackets by the looks of things.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA