Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bumper rebuild


I have been digging out all the parts for the front and rear bumpers and making sure I have all the correct hardware to fit them. I bought new front and rear grommets for the bumper irons from the KGOC (GB) and also new seals for in between the bumper overriders and the blades - these are the original style broad section ones.
The set of overriders is made up of 3 NOS ones which it took me 15 years to track down and were intended for my 1965, plus one rechromed one. This turned out so well that I am going to have the originals from the 65 rechromed as well in due course. They are made of aluminium, not Mazak as many people will try to tell you.

I now need to just paint the inside of the blades to protect them and then build up the complete assemblies.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA