Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fuel guage

The fuel guage on the car has refused to work since it got back on the road, this makes driving a little precarious unless you know the exact amount of fuel in the tank.
I decided it was time to rectify this little niggle and checked out the instrument cluster and the grounding of the tank and connection to the fule sender unit. Seemed all was OK.
This potentially left the problem as being the fuel sender unit itself. I took it out of the tank, it was one from a 63 I had used as the original one was very battered; I replaced it with one from 11\61 that was in my stash and normal function was quickly restored.
I noticed a few little differences between the unit stamped 61 and the 63 one, nothing of any significance but still interesting to note.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA