Saturday, April 30, 2011

Visit to Dave Ball's



As I have a bit of spare time on my hands at present I took a trip to see Dave and look at progress with his car. Those who have been reading my blog since the early days will recall that after completing a restoration of his car and driving it towards the VolksWorld show some years ago it caught fire on the motorway and suffered severe damage to the rear end, Dave escaped without injury.
He has been slowly getting the car back together, not easy as it is an automatic and whilst I was at Dave's we had fun refitting the rear bumper, various badges and rubbers which made the back end look more complete. There is still a way to go and Dave is juggling work on the car alonside restoring his 50's cabriolet and type 2. Dave showed me a very interesting chassis\make plate from a French supplied T34, here's a photo of it and the normal VIN plate from the same car.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA