Friday, October 27, 2006

Work planned for November


During November I hope to be able to complete the restoration of the light and wiper switch unit. So far it has received new button covers, purchased from ISP West, and a number of wires have been replaced. Unfortunately the resistor on the back of the unit has broken off and I will be looking to solder it back on, failing which I will be sourcing a new one from a great site provided by Mike Dempster (or breaking into his garage where I understand from Charlie that he has a NOS one stashed away!)

I will also be looking to make more progress on replacing the door sill aluminium trims. These have suffered from wear over the years and I will be following Paul Colbert's article on the Type34.org website to create some new ones, I aim to do this with a bit of help from the metal folding machine at the engineering workshop a couple of doors round the corner from where I live.

I have also been speaking to John who did the bodywork on the car. we are hopeful that by December it will be back in the work shop for the final pieces, such as fitting the headlight bowls, to be completed. In anticipation of this I have a couple of paint guys coming round to quote on the paint - all donations gratefully accepted!

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA