Saturday, December 02, 2006

Work completed in November


November was more eventful than I expected with the body going back on the chassis for the first time in over 2 years; to do this I took the engine out. After speaking to a few friends recently I realised how lucky I was to get this replacement 62 engine. I don't have loads of photos of the internals of my engine from when I restored it but for a great detailed account of the restoration on a 62 engine click on the link to Scott Taylor's blog (VW & VW1500).

I completed the soldering back up of the connections on the steering column unit, nothing worth a photo of and have had new sill treads folded up in aluminium, again not much to see at the moment but I will post a photo when I have finished them and had them anodised.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA