Monday, February 26, 2007

New Bits


I located a few new bits for the car during the last few weeks through the ever Trusty The Samba site.


managed to find an NOS horn and an NOS distributor vacuum advance unit. The vac advance is on the way to me from the US with help from Jason Weigel who kindly acted as post box as the seller wouldn't ship to the UK. Thanks buddy.


I had to rob the engine of the 62 of its nice shinney new generator, the one on my 65 packed in. Giving it new bushes and a general strip and clean did no good so must be a fault in the windings. Charlie Harlock had a recon/boxed one for sale so i have bought that for the 65 and the shinney one will go on the 62 soon. Charlie also had a side draft carb mounting nut spanner so i relieved him of that at the same time.

Hey Charlie, I'm not only recycling yours parts, but the pictures from your blog as well - but wait a minute, isn't that the early air cleaner I sold you!!

1 comment:

Charlie said...

thief! thief! there is a picture thief in the house!!!!

no worries dude

and yes, that is your old air cleaner complete with the sticker you sent me (well, that one broke up so Scott sent me a new one!)

looking good eh!

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA