Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bits collected at VolksWorld and other stuff








Went to Volksworld today. I collected a reconditioned generator for the 65 from Charlie H which will allow me to put the NOS one back on the 62. Charlie also supplied a special spanner for removing the carb from the 62, always good to have as it saves removing the manifold and to have mates who look out for bits for you.


Whilst I was with him Charlie distracted me by pointing to the new wheels on Mike Dempster's great looking white Fastie with pigale interior as a result of which the sun shone so brightly in my eyes from the reflections in Mike's wheels that I had to go and rest in my car.


Should Charlie post any photos on his own website, purporting to show me a sleep at the wheel of my car, then you will know that I was just trying to recover from the blinding glory that is Mike's car!


I also picked up a couple of replacement front bonnet hinges and springs from Clive Richardson which he has kindly donated. The front bonnet continues to sit incorrectly against the bodywork and I am sure it is the hinges that are bent. It will be all hands on to try and change these over next month in advance of some breaking news on progress with the car.


Finally I picked up a small item for the car, the little plastic caps that go over the wiper spindles at a woping £1.60 the pair, no expense spared on my project.

Some sad news, Dave Ball was due to be with us in his recently restored car but it experienced and engine fire on the way to the show. Thankfully Dave was OK and turned up later in the day safe and sound. I'll post some pics of Dave's car post fire and let's see if we can round some bits up for him to put it back into the condition he had reached after all his hard work.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA