Sunday, March 30, 2008

End of March Update

The body shop have finished blocking down the middle 3 coats of primmer and prepped it for final primming which will be done this coming week. With a bit of luck it should then be moving towards final paint in the second week of April.

In the meantime I have been doing some outstanding electrical work; I took the resistor off the back of an old push button switch unit and soldered it onto mine to make a repair. I also re soldered all the wiring back onto the connector plate on the steering column\ignition unit cover.

All of the aluminium trim has been gathered together and will be going for examination by a refinishing company in Northampton, including the early rim embellishers. I had to do some extensive metal bumping to get one of them back into shape - if any one has 2 good ones to sell that would be great.

Finally Larry Edson kindly has sent me a part damaged rear boot latch mechanism which I hope to be able to use to mend my own 62 unit.

As I have no new pictures to share this is a video clip of what the car looked like about this time last year when it was due to go to the body shop.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA