Monday, May 26, 2008

62 sun visors


I picked up a 62 sunvisor in the correct colour from Bert in Belgium recently. Down side is that it had several grease marks, was stained from the packaging and also heavily compressed, but all reflected in a lower price.

I have managed to remove all grease marks and reduce the discolouring using an aggresive vinyl cleaner bought for the preparation of my floor mats. It has done a great job but left the vinyl slightly shinny.

I think when it is fitted alongside the other NOS one kindly supplied a while ago by Paul Colbert that it wont be too noticable. I might even treat the other one with the same preparation cleaner so at least to give the same effect.


The bodyshop mailed me to let me know that all is on for the body to go into the spray booth tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA