Tuesday, February 03, 2009

February update 1

I have been struggling to fit the upright chromed pillar that the rear vent window hinges off. There has been much swearing and gentle, and not so gentle, bashing, removing of excess chrome plating, paint and thickness of rubber in the new rear vent seal.
I think I am about there with it now but needed then to remove it all to trim the B post edge.
I have also fitted the rubber\aluminium strip that goes from the rear roof pillar base to base of the front roof pillar, including using the new rubber base strips that I picked up at the VW Classic in the US during 2004.
Finally the passenger door has ben fitted and just needs a little tweaking to get the gaps perfect. So next is finish off a few small things on the passenger side then turn the car around and start on the other side. I need to push on with this as I am hoping that during a week's vacation in the middle of Feb I can finish the majority of the fit out and get the car MOTd (road worthy test) ready for display at the Volksworld show at the end of March.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA