Monday, May 03, 2010

A pain in the Glass







Another update consisting of challenging and better news. Getting the drivers door window to work correctly continues to prove challenging, the prime cause is that the felt runner for the window channel in the chromed quarter light window frame is just too thick and therefore tight, as a result the glass keeps pulling out of the lifter. I will order some replacements from a UK supplier I have found and let you know how I get on once I have them. The other challenge in this area was that the glass was sticking proud of the door window rubber - cause is basically that the rubbers are too stiff - I have managed to find 2 presentable used ones in my stock and the glass fits much better with them in place.



Mark Poulton kindly donated a rear windscreen to me - my own is so badly scratched that you can see the scratches from about 10 feet away. I picked it up at the Stanford Hall meeting yesterday and fitted it today - it looks great, so thanks Mark.



Here is a photo of a couple of T34s at the meeting yesterday, both of which are well known to the club. Also here are shots of cross sections of the door window rubbers, the early style was a continuous hollow section, where as the later replacement is of a different style.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA