Saturday, November 05, 2011

November 2011 update




































I just got the speedo back from Speedy Cables. I had to send it to them as 50 miles from the end of our trip to Germany it started screaming like a banshee.

They have stripped it and serviced it using some parts from a spare unit I sent them and then fitted it with a new correct style chrome bezel. Looks great, only down side is they used the case from the spare unit and now my 9\61 stamped case is on the wrong unit - ah well its only me that knows!


They also made me up a new LHD speedo cable; the outer case had split and I wondered is water had got into the mechanism through that opening. The new cable has a hole for a split pin like later cars rather than a circlip but identical otherwise. I'll fit everything back together over the next weekend or so, should be ready in time for the cars 50th birthday on November 20th.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA