Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drivers door and pain in the glass

I took the drivers door to be repaired and resprayed; it needed the dent I mentioned in an earlier post removing and repair to a small chip in the ridge removing.  I got the door back a couple of weeks ago and refitted it.  The bad news is the dent is still visible; it will have to wait until the end of the summer before I tackle it again as I want to use the car over the summer.
In the process of putting the car back together I wanted to tackle the problem which I kept meeting of the door glass separating from the lifter.  This is happening as the horizontal part of the lifter has rotted, weakening the structure and its grip on the glass.  As a result I need a new lifter - for drivers door on a LHD drive - if you have one then let me know, it must be totally rust free as I have a couple of others that have rust in them already - surface rust is OK but no holes or splits.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA