Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bits & Bobs




I spent the day looking through the various boxes of parts from the car and identifying bits that still need work on them.

I have put together a range of parts that need passive plating to give them back their original silver finish and some parts that need re-chroming. The parts for re-chroming include the front quarter light frames which will need some repairs first as they were drilled all the way through for later non VW mirrors to be fitted. I do have frames from scrapped cars but these from the 62 are slightly different to later cars so I want to keep them.

I have also stripped the car jack and will be taking parts from it, along with the wiper arms, for gentle blasting during the next few weeks.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA