Friday, February 08, 2008

January progress update



I made some reasonable progress in January. I used the POR15 kit to treat the fuel tank with and also replaced the front wheel cylinder balance pipe. I also replaced the rear wheel bearing seals again with a genuine VW seal kit - it still leaks! This is despite using sealant instead of the paper gasket and using a sealing compound between the main outer bearing housing and the large seal. Looks like I will need to change the main outer bearing housing so I have one on the way from T3D.

No progress yet with the reanodising as I am still trying to make my mind up on the way forward; the good news is I collected all the small pieces I took in for rechroming and passive plating and they look good. I dropped the bumpers off for replating at the same time.

here are a couple of photos of the refinished parts.

No progress with the body shop as far as I know, I'll be dropping in at the weekend in the hope of some progress.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA