Thursday, October 16, 2008

October update 2

Fitting of the main wiring loom is going slowly. The loom is all the way through the sill and has exited the hole at the top of the A pillar by about 6 inches. It appears to be stuck and I suspect that the problem likes at the bottom of the pipe in the A pillar and that the casing for the loom is catching on the entry to this. I am going to wait until the weekend and then, once the car is in the open, see if I can free things off.
Meanwhile not a lot of othr progress as I don't want too many jobs started at once.

1 comment:

mark said...

I think you are right in your suspicion Andy.
I had that problem at the same point - can only suggest warm air & some lubricant.
I think the problem results because at this point you are drawing the cable through two right angle & one 45 degree bends -any slight misalignment between the sill & inner wing conduit at the foot of the A post magnifies the drag. The ability to get maximum purchase on the loom behind the dashboard at this point increases the difficulty!
There is certainly on my later cars an access opening on the inside of the A post where you can see the loom between the two conduits. Some manipulation of the loom at this point may also help.

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA