Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October update 4

Success at last with the wiring loom. I removed it once again and then undid some of the binding I had put on and shortened some of the wires by folding them back on each other so that there were no big groups of connectors before re-binding. I then did as suggested by Mark Poulton, greased the cable and heated every thing up. I can't say that it flew through but it is now in place.
I have put all of the rear cables in place and connected everything up at the rear end. Just the front end to the fuse box etc. left to do. This will now allow me to press on with putting all of the rear boot linings etc in place. once that is done I will concentrate on the centre section of the car, starting with the new head lining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Andy

Looks like your project is coming along very nicely!

I'm restoring a 67 (also recently back from the paint shop!) and was wondering where you got your head lining from? -I know of one place in Germany but they're very expensive!

Also can you recomend a re-chromer? -I've got to get my bumpers and a few other bits done.

Thanks
Simon

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA