Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pre 66 model pointed bumper overriders


I thought it was about time I got the early pointed style bumper overriders from my 65, fitted to models up to and including the 1965 model year, rechromed.
These are made out of aluminium; many people think they are made of Mazak or pot metal but they are actually cast aluminium.
I had one rechromed when rebuilding the 1962 car by The London Chroming Company, it was them that confirmed they are aluminium and they made a fantastic job of refinishing it. These will be going off to them shortly and I am hoping they come out just as well and restore a correct feature to my 65 that has been missing for many years.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA