Friday, September 29, 2006

A little of the history for my 1962 Type 3 Ghia


My car, chassis number 0002910, was built on November 20 1961, finished in solid black as in the early brochure for the car. It was delivered on November 27 1961 to Skandinavisk Motor Co, Kobenhavn, Denmark.

It was bought on 8 December 1961 by a Mr Helge Storck-Nilsen who immediately exported it to South Africa and registered it there, living in the Claremont area (I think ) of Capetown. He kept it until April 1999.

It passed quickly through another couple of owners (George Platt & Kurt Saunders) before ending up with Justin Gossman in June 2001. By the time I bought it from him in January 2003 Justin had de-registered the car by having it classified as scrap to avoid payment of registration duties etc. I must say it was an accurate description of the vehicle!

Here is a picture of it over in South Africa before I bought it.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA