Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Work planned for October




Next things on my list are the rebuild of the steering column indicator/ignition assembly and swapping the master cylinder I rebuilt for a NOS one.

The steering column was missing an ignition switch when i got it, i have a used one which i temporarily fitted but have now taken out as I want to replace some of the wires to it. At the same time I am going to repaint both the housing and the indicator arm. Its a shame that the indicator arm is deeper on the T3 Ghia than on the T3 saloon as Charlie Harlock had an excellent NOS one I could have used.

I rebuilt the brakes using wheel(slave) cylinders for cars built slightly after mine (about March 62)and rebuilt the original master cylinder with a repair kit. I actually also needed a different master cylinder with a longer stroke to go with the new wheel cylinders and have just bought one from Bert3, safely arrived today, thanks Bert.

Whilst it is the most expensive mechanical part I have had to buy it makes sense to have a car with brakes that work properly!

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA