Friday, September 29, 2006

Wiring loom



The main and front wiring looms on the car were burnt through in several places and had been poorly adapted and repaired in several places.

I bought a type 3 saloon main NOS loom from a friend in the KGOC(GB) but after comparisson with the original and bearing in mind it was so stiff through age I deceided that fitting it would be a compromise and would prove problematic. It would also still only be a half solution as the front loom was still required.

With the loom out of the car I reconnected everything back to it, noted where wires were missing or had been shortened and recreated the loom back to how it should have been.

I then spoke to Autosparks of Sandiacre, Nottingham, UK who made me a new loom, using the old one as a template within 2 months. It looks fantastic and matches what I provided them.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA