Thursday, December 31, 2009

Leak from carburetor solved

When the engine was rebuilt I fitted a new old stock side draft carburetor trusting in the fact it would work smoothly. I experienced a problem with the car when it was first back on the road, total lack of performance and poor acceleration. I tracked this down to a sticking choke valve which was easily fixed with lubrication. However another problem with the carb was more persistent; this was a very slight fuel leakage from around the brass pipe which the fuel feed line is attached to.
General tapping in of the brass fitting made no difference and also the use of sealant gave little improvement. I resorted to removing the brass pipe from my old original carb, smearing it with Loctite and have now cured the leakage.

No comments:

video of our 65 on the motorway

video of our 65 on the M40 taken by Paul  Donovan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pXVCcqGfA